Senior Security Engineer - Systems at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
- June 2018: Series E Funding of over $200Million and a valuation of +$3Billion
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
Help us protect CrowdStrike and its customers from the most advanced threats! CrowdStrike’s Product Security team breaks the mold of traditional internal security and focuses on active threats to CrowdStrike’s products. As a Security Engineer you will perform technical security assessments of current and new systems, monitor for emerging vulnerabilities, create tooling for known gaps, and deploy large-scale security/monitoring systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advocate for best-security practices to engineering organization
- Provide security guidance to engineering teams for COTS and custom implementations
- Asses current threat landscape and business needs to prioritize workload effectively
- Examine systems and applications to understand current security posture
- Applicable experience in a security role implementing and supporting security systems in heterogeneous cloud environments
- Experience working with Linux and/or other Unix-like variants
- Scripting capabilities shell, Python, Perl, Ruby, or some other automation system
- Protocol knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, applied Cryptography, others
- Experience supporting fast-paced, forward looking, SaaS provider
- Experience supporting operational systems and CI platforms
- Knowledge of IaaS cloud platforms and highly concurrent systems
- You’re a clear thinker and efficient communicator
- technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike
- Competitive compensation + Stock Options
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Competitive Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- We embrace distributed work and flexible work hours
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Free lunches regularly catered
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.