Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Duo Security
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Trusted Access security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud.
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place. We believe in empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office and enable every employee to bring their whole self to work.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it. Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Site Reliability Engineering team, you will develop software and tools to empower Duo's product development teams to maintain software releases quickly and smoothly. You will collaborate with a wide range of internal partners to engineer automated solutions in an effort to remove toil and enhance stability for a variety of infrastructure, with an emphasis on scalability. You will face challenges that require an engineering mindset and a desire to automate everything possible.
Skills you have….
- You have 5+ years of back end professional software development experience
- History of writing performant, maintainable, testable code
- You are passionate about automation and reducing toil
- You are committed to quality and experienced with modern software testing practices
- You care about contributing to an amazing work culture and environment
Even better if….
- Prior experience with automated configuration tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc
- Prior experience deploying cloud services, monitoring, alerting, and handling escalations
- You have experience supporting a high-availability SaaS environment
- You work well in charting new DevOps practices without a well defined roadmap
Why you should apply….
- You’ve seen the news! Cybersecurity is the biggest issue of our time and you want to make a difference.
- You thrive having the autonomy to operate in a meaningful problem space solving real problems for real people
- You love collaborating with, teaching, and learning from high-performing peers on software projects
This job may not be for you if…
- You only code alone and aren't willing to mentor and be mentored.
- You lack a real passion for writing high-quality secure software that is backed by an equally mature approach to testing.
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and default to others to provide you with the answers.
- Your first instinct is to point out why something can’t be done rather than focusing on what the customer problem is.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
If you're coming up short in these areas, but think you could still knock it out of the park, convince us why!
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.