Senior Site Reliability Engineer
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents a balance between passion for rockstar work output and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, California and offices in London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
Take a leading role in the operational uptime and continued expansion of LogicMonitor's production TechOps infrastructure. Design and implement new production deployments of SOA-based software across global physical and cloud data centers. Provide guidance in organizing, securing and automating existing infrastructure and deployments. Work with developers and provide feedback to force operational performance improvements within the LM product platform and operations infrastructure.
Here's a closer look at your duties in this exciting role:
- Maintain uptime of LogicMonitor's SaaS based service and drive technical/process enhancements to improve uptime
- Deploy production applications and drive improvements to the deployment process
- Design and deploy new application components
- Design and deploy new infrastructures and integrations
- Ensure security of the production environment
- Meet with prospective customers as needed
- Write code to automate various aspects of infrastructure maintenance and and deployments
- Support development and work closely with developers to drive operational and architecture/design changes
- Own, manage, and execute large and technically complex projects across teams
- Act as a strategic resource for the company with the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations for other departments, customers, and conferences
- Mentoring of more junior team members
- Lead by example in providing good documentation and thorough runbooks
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years experience in data operations, preferably in SaaS environment
- Experience programming and/or scripting
- Extensive experience with Cloud technologies
- Significant experience with virtualization and container technologies
- Advanced Linux system administration in distributed environments
Extensive experience with configuration management tools