Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
We are passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are motivated to handle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the role:
Site Reliability Engineers are responsible for deploying and running our production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health. SREs are a blend of pragmatic operators and software developers that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our infrastructure. You will report to the VP of IT & Infrastructure.
• 4+ years of administration experience with AWS or similar cloud computing environment
• 4+ years of experience within a high-performance, 24x7, SRE/SysOps/DevOps team
• 1+ years of experience with GIT (version control system)
• Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (ex: Python, Bash)
• Experience with IaC(Infrastructure As Code), such as Terraform
• Experience using modern web application frameworks
• Experience with multiple areas of AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, Route53)
• Maintained RDBMS systems (PostgreSQL preferred)
• Working knowledge of the following: o DNS o HTTP/HTTPSo Linux o SSH/SCP/SFTP
• Ability to be flexible, multi-task and organize priorities in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining a high level of focus and accuracy
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• You will work closely with developers to provide feedback and drive operational improvements within our production infrastructure.
• Responsible for Deploying/Monitoring/Maintaining the production environment/services, taking a holistic view of system health, and ensure that our platform is stable and balanced
• Develop infrastructure and network best practices
• Participate in our on-call operations and monitoring pool
• Document processes and procedures with appropriate level of detail
• Measure and optimize system performance with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
• Provide primary operational support for large, distributed software applications
• Production performance and uptime analysis
• Other responsibilities may be added or assigned
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
• Competitive Pay
• Eligible to participate in Self’s Bonus Program
• Stock options
• Self Pays 100% of employee’s monthly medical, dental, and vision benefit costs and a portion of dependent insurance coverage o Buy up options available, costs vary across benefit type
• 401(k) Plan available to full-time employees to save for retirement
• Self pays 100% of Life/AD&D/Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance premium costs for all full-time employees
• Enjoy our flexible vacation policy
• Company paid education and training programs
• Free at-home workout through Sworkit and Gold’s Gym membership
• Plenty of snacks and drinks provided at the office (Our offices are partially open)
• Casual dress code
• Team building, happy hours and events (Online now, due to pandemic)
• Downtown Austin office space (Our offices are partially open)
• Remote work arrangements (due to the pandemic)
• Monthly $100 COVID stipend for full time employees through 6/2021
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer