Senior Software Engineer, Account Management Platform at ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
ThousandEyes empowers enterprises to see, understand and improve digital experiences for their customers and employees. The ThousandEyes cloud platform offers unmatched vantage points throughout the global Internet and cloud providers, delivering immediate visibility into the digital experience for every user, application, website or service, over any network. ThousandEyes is central to the global operations of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including Comcast, eBay, HP, 120+ of the Global 2000, 65+ of the Fortune 500, 6 of the 7 top US banks, and 20 of the 25 top SaaS companies.
Engineering at ThousandEyes
At ThousandEyes, we use cutting-edge technologies and innovative techniques to study and visualize networks on a global scale.ThousandEyes engineers are focused on continuous improvement -- of our product, our codebase, our knowledge, and our skills. We believe in innovation, simplicity, and elegance. We work in small, cross-functional teams where everyone has a voice.
Learn more about engineering at ThousandEyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9a_c8yJyzc
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Account Management Platform team, you will be responsible for maintaining critical platform APIs such as user management, authentication, and contract enforcement. You will also design and implement microservices that handle high velocity API calls from internal and external systems, as well as orchestrating how these microservices work together to deliver data through our web portal to our customers.
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Excited to grow your technical skills in an environment that thrives on innovation
- Comfortable working with newer technologies
- Expert understanding of Java
- Familiar with, and a proponent of, test driven development
- Experience with SAML and SSO implementations is a plus
- Experience in an agile team focused on business value is a plus
- Experience with network protocols is a plus
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar