Senior Software Engineer, Analytics (Austin, TX or Remote)
Our growing Product Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help take our BI/Analytics solution to the next level. We are looking for a dynamic engineer who is no stranger to building well-designed, high-performant business intelligence solutions that support complex business rules and logic. In partnership with your team, you will contribute to the technology vision and own the delivery of our analytics and reporting solutions. With over 3,500 customers and a robust partner network, your actions and contributions will have far-reaching impact on our project-based ERP software offering.
What You’ll Do
- Become a subject matter expert in Unanet GovCon and Analytics
- Responsible for full life cycle development, implementation, and performance tuning of the reporting and analytical solutions, including design of data objects
- Collaborate with Product Management in defining solutions for customers
- Present prototypes and functioning code to Product Management for review
- Evaluate requirements and estimate time to develop solutions
- Provide input towards technical and functional innovation
- Provide constructive feedback on pull requests to increase code quality
- Ensure software adheres to quality standards through code and design reviews
- Deliver transformative solutions to customers aligned with industry best practice
Your First 90 Days
By Day 30, with the support of your Team Lead and our engineering leadership, you will participate in our virtual immersive, enabling you to learn our product, team, and tech stack. You will join your Scrum Team and work to better understand our current product offering and roadmap commits.
By Day 60, along with user stories and product features, you will help your team work on a backlog of technical infrastructure work identified by your Team Lead in your First 30 Days.
By Day 90, you will play an integral role in delivering on our roadmap. You will have the opportunity to evaluate the strengths and opportunities of our team and tech stack and, in partnership with your Team and Tech Lead, chart a go-forward plan to improve both.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of Java and/or .NET/C# experience
- 3+ years of experience with RESTful APIs
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, including data modeling and data design
- Experience building data objects to design reports and dashboards using embedded data analytics (e.g., MicroStrategy, Exago, Zoho)
- Experience with Git, XML, CI/CD, including Docker containers
- Passion for data analysis and problem-solving using data
- Strong analytical mindset with ability to use data and logic to create solutions that solve real, quantifiable problems for our customers
- Strong communication abilities across mediums and audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics or related field
- Catalyst mindset and forward-thinking with ability to work with internal and external stakeholders in finetuning designs and developing technology vision
- Knowledge of relational and dimensional modeling, theories, principles, and practice
- Prior experience with ERP solutions and integrating with BI Tools
- We are a Team. Employees, customers, and partners working together.
- We are Customer-Focused. Customers are the heart of everything we do.
- We are Driven. Seeking exceptional outcomes.
- We Own our Success. Every employee has a stake in our company.
- We do the right thing and have fun in the process.
The salary range for this opportunity is $132,000 – 145,000 per year. You will be eligible for employee equity as well as discretionary bonus compensation, subject to plans that may be in effect from time to time. You will further be eligible to participate in Unanet's employee benefits plans and programs. For more details on Unanet's benefits offerings, please visit https://unanet.com/employee-benefits.
Unanet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.