Senior Software Engineer, Backend at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team! The Engineering team at Workrise leverages a variety of tools to enable and sustain a scalable and highly-resilient platform for delivering customer value.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Workplace initiative to help us to continue to build the next evolution of our platform in a scalable, service oriented architecture.What you'll be doing:
- Designing, building, and maintaining Node.js based microservices running on Google Kubernetes Engine
- Working with Front End Engineer, Product Managers, and other Backend Engineers to refine features and define APIs and functionality needed in our backend services
- Collaborating with your teammates and other teams through code reviews, design documentation, and collaborative cross team forums
- 4+ years of relevant software development experience
- Experience building production grade microservices
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with cloud computing providers, order of preference: GCP, AWS, Azure
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines for your production services
- Experience using agile processes such as Kanban and Scrum
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Egos, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!