Senior Software Engineer - Integrations
About the Company
Brightpearl exists to automate retail. We help omnichannel businesses selling finished goods, trading $2.5m-$50m a year. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform. We manage over 10m transactions and $2bn of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform, built on AWS with 99.9% uptime, and is deployed twice as fast as the competition. We are working on challenging problems at scale to allow retailers to focus on their business instead of technology.
Brightpearl’s US headquarters is in the heart of downtown Austin with a global headquarters in Bristol, UK.
About the Role
We are looking for talented, experienced software engineers to join our polyglot language team in Austin building SaaS applications for online retailers. We use PHP, Go, Java, JS and SQL in a diverse suite of services. This role is primarily focused on integrating our services with leading platforms like Shopify, Amazon and more. It will involve the use of many of our implementation languages and technology stacks. Many of our current integrations process thousands of messages an hour!
What you get to do in this role:
- Work in a small cross-functional team to deliver new features, improve existing features, prototype new applications, improve our SaaS infrastructure, develop in-house tools or integrate with partner services.
- Design, implement and test new components, products and integrations.
- Diagnose problems seen in production and advise on solutions.
- Have the opportunity to grow into team or technical leadership roles.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, quality analysts, performance analysts, system administrators, product managers, customers and partners.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Have 5+ years commercial experience designing and writing well-tested Java or Go.
- Have practical experience in most of our core languages (Java, PHP, JS, Go, Ruby, SQL).
- Hold a BS (or equivalent) in a Computer Science, or other related field; Master’s preferred
- Have experience tracking down bugs in a production environment.
- Have a proven track record of building reliable, scalable, maintainable, web applications.
- Have a good understanding of network and application comms protocols (TCP, HTTP, REST).
- Have experience designing concurrent and distributed applications.
- Have a deep understanding of dependency management and modern build systems.
- Have a good understanding of how SaaS applications are hosted and provisioned.
- Be a good communicator.
- Be a self starter.
- Enjoy variety in your work and be willing to pick up new tools, technologies and techniques.
- Experience writing integrations using the APIs of web store or marketplace providers (e.g. BigCommerce, Shopify, eBay, Amazon, etc).
- Experience using Cucumber or equivalent for end to end testing.
- Experience with the Continuous Delivery and DevOps styles of development.
- Familiarity with tools to provision cloud infrastructure (esp. terraform).
We offer a competitive salary, plus a superior benefits package including 20 days of PTO + 12 paid holidays, share options, 100% paid medical, dental and vision. We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance, and our office in Downtown Austin is an open, vibrant workspace. Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!