Senior Software Engineer, Node.js (Austin Metro, San Francisco Metro, U.S. or Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Node.js for our Storefront team. This growing team is looking for an engineer with strong technical experience who will focus on building our flagship storefront experience, as well as improving the performance, reliability of our rendering platform, enhancing our open-source tools.
BigCommerce offers a dynamic, collaborative environment, helping you expand your skills and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a high-throughput and low-latency rendering pipeline
- Build extraordinary open-source software and tooling
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Build new features with a focus on testability, extensibility, and maintainability
- Drive our technical roadmap and direction of our stack
- Write code that is maintainable, clear, and concise
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and cultivate an environment of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with the teams located across the Globe
Who You Are:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, MIS, or related equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years of Node.js in a high traffic production environment
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SCSS or LESS
- Sophistication in building adaptable web
- Knowledge integrating with RESTful API
- Participate in monitoring and operating microservices
- Strong desire to learn new languages, frameworks, and design patterns
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Knowledge of templating languages, like Handlebars.js, Mustache.js, etc.
- Evidence with one or more of these technologies is a plus: PHP, Scala, Grpc
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Position Work Options:
Remote Position or Hybrid: “Flexible work from home options available” for those wanting an office environment. Available in Austin, Texas and San Francisco, CA or 100% remote in the U.S.
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.