GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Our team has people from across the globe with diverse cultural backgrounds. We have entrepreneurs, martial artists, parents, world travelers, home bodies, movie fans, musicians, outdoorsy types, and more. We hire first for team fit and second for skills (but you still need to have skills). You may find yourself learning from someone one day and teaching them something the next. We try new things and learn from both our failures and our successes. Every sprint we look for one thing we can change about how we work, so that we can be better next time. We're a team who supports one another through pair programming, code reviews, brainstorming sessions, architecture reviews, and the occasional happy hour. This is a time of growth and change for us, so be prepared to work hard during your normal work week.
Remote, Carlsbad, Tempe, Santa Clara
What you'll get to do...
- Work collaboratively on a team distributed across several time zones
- Support a fast-paced business moving quickly to tackle new opportunities
- Be accountable for code quality and writing unit and integration tests
- Identify, measure, and understand user needs and execute on appropriate solutions
- Constantly learn, grow, and improve
- Communicate your progress and challenges daily with your team and others
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Assist teammates with in completing their development work
- Work with teammates to complete your development work
- Patiently and empathically support our merchants in solving their technical issues
- Consistently pair program
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
Your experience should include...
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 1+ years professional web development experience in related technologies
- 1+ years with a framework like Ruby on Rails, React or similar
- 1+ Years with SQL, NoSQL, or related technologies
- Object-oriented programming and design fundamentals
- Understanding of relational database mechanics and performance
- Passion for quality, user experience, and cutting edge web technologies
- Experience with unit testing and TDD principles
- General understanding of web client performance
- Exposure to web security best practices
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with Git/Github
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
- Experience with React or a similar modern front end framework
- Experience developing applications on AWS
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.