Senior Software Engineer in Security
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have 5+ years professional experience in software development.
- You have an interest or experience in information security and risk management.
- You are developing services and APIs using Node.js, Java, Python, or other server‐side languages. You know enough Bash to get things done.
- You maintain a strong desire to learn new technologies and methods, staying up to date on modern frameworks, libraries, platforms, and attacks.
- You have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- You love solving big problems at scale.
- You have made mistakes along the way, but you learned from them.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- You display a passion for automation and a deep curiosity for how things work. You enjoy coding and insist on infrastructure-as-code.
- You are knowledgeable on core concepts of Security, such as Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability.
- You are able to quickly apply security fundamentals to unfamiliar problem domains
- You understand that bad things can happen on the internet, and you are driven to detect, prevent, and mitigate cybersecurity issues.
- Experience handling personal information and understanding of compliance (such as PCI & CCPA) are highly desirable
- Security certifications such as OSCP, CISSP, CCSP, or GIAC are preferred.
What You'll Do
- You will be a crucial part of the RetailMeNot InfoSec team - bridging the gap between application developers, other security professionals, and infrastructure teams.
- You will keep a high degree of flexibility to work on security challenges as well as software development, in addition to other tasks that arise. You mentor other team members in order to consistently deliver quality solutions.
- You will develop and maintain code and infrastructure to facilitate auditing resources and applications deployed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), as well as other services.
- You will participate in the overall system design and architecture, and engineer systems with both security and efficiency in mind.
- You will contribute to our microservice architecture by developing self‐contained, containerized backend services. You will also find novel ways of surfacing security log data and information to other teams.
- You will advocate to continually improve quality and engineering practices.
- You will maturely assess and communicate severity of security issues that our team encounters, understanding that prioritization of fixes can take time and have opportunity cost associated with the work.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies and believe in an ever‐ growing diversity of technology platforms.
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy. We have a phenomenal open vacation policy.
- We provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements (plus free parking downtown).
- We use the newest service offerings of public cloud providers, as well as important open source technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.