Senior Software Engineer at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
This position can be remote from anywhere in New England, offering you the flexibility to work out of your home full-time. You'll have easy access to and support from your manager and frequent video meetings to keep you plugged into your team. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
What You'll Do:
As a Senior Backend Developer on the Engineering team, you'll be responsible for the implementation, design, architecture and quality control of business integrations and general development within our customer-facing product application, as well as internal tools used by development and technical operations. This includes troubleshooting bugs and implementing new features in existing backend applications; and the innovative opportunity build new components with a highly collaborative team in a learning environment.
A successful Sr. Backend Developer will produce all required functionality by communicating and working with colleagues to solve problems and improve the systems they work with. Furthermore, you will gain a deep understanding and knowledge level of the systems you are working with, to the point that you can help mentor the growth and development of others on the team. This is an exciting opportunity to innovate in a modern technical stack with a team that values continuous growth.
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise applications.
- 4+ years of full-time experience as a Java developer on Linux platform. Familiar with Test frameworks (JUnit, WireMock, Selenium, etc.)
- 2+ years of AWS or Kafka experience
- Deep SQL / NoSQL database knowledge (MySQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Strong understanding of web application architectures. Experience in SaaS Product Development dealing with large volumes of data. Strong experience with Big Data technologies (Apache Spark, Kafka Streams, etc.)
- Deep understanding of container technology (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Familiar with AWS services, other cloud platforms
- BS or above degree in computer science or related field
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.