Senior Software Engineer at Amherst
Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.
Amherst is looking for a Senior Software Developer to improve and maintain our acquisitions technology platform. This person will work on new features for the custom-built acquisitions software and integrate it with other internal tools. This role will require to maintain and define best development practices, while working with team leads, QAs, product, peer developers, and data engineers.WHO WE ARE
Amherst is a financial services and technology company empowering global investors to access the U.S. real estate market with unparalleled ease and scale.
Our technology platform manages thousands of homes and billions of dollars of investment capital. The data and software required to handle such an operation is diverse. We build data infrastructure and tools to buy, renovate, and manage homes at scale. We build consumer brands and apps to lease and sell homes direct-to-consumer. We design, prototype, and roll-out IoT devices and smart home tech to help physically manage and solve important business operations.WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledgeable. You are a real pro and deeply understand web and services development and their ecosystems.
- Intellectually Curious. You are constantly learning and working to improve yourself.
- Entrepreneurial. You enjoy wearing many hats and hustling to get things done.
- Problem Solver. You are a critical thinker who brings solutions not problems to the table.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Scrappy & Fast. You like finding creative ways to quickly move projects forward.
- Good Communicator. You easily explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character.
- Accountable. You take ownership and have pride in your work.
- Develop and design high-quality features in and around the existing stack of applications
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs of every decision and work with team leads on the best solutions
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the Technology Team
- Improve our code quality with unit tests, automation, and code reviews
- 5-7+ years of professional development experience
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science (or equivalent years of experience)
- 3+ years experience building SPA websites using React, Angular, or similar framework
- 5+ years experience shipping and architecting backend RESTful APIs using .NET, Node.js. or any other similar platforms
- Familiar with front-end and backend performance best practices.
- A solid foundation in computer science including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with common software engineering tools and processes
- Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS, GCP, or Azure is a plus.
- UI/UX design experience is a plus.
Amherst full-time remote positions require residence in one of the following states: AL, AZ, CO, CN, D.C., FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, MI, MO, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA.
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.