Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is a financial services and technology company empowering global investors to access the U.S. real estate market with unparalleled ease and scale.
Our technology platform manages thousands of homes and billions of dollars of investment capital. The data and software required to handle such an operation is diverse. We build data infrastructure and tools to buy, renovate, and manage homes at scale. We build consumer brands and apps to lease and sell homes direct-to-consumer.
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledgeable. You are a real pro and deeply understand web development and its ecosystem.
- Invested. You own your projects, and you will do whatever it takes to build them to your high standards, even if it means pushing back on changes you disagree with.
- Intellectually Curious. You are constantly learning and working to improve yourself.
- Entrepreneurial. You enjoy wearing many hats and hustling to get things done.
- Problem Solver. You are a critical thinker who creates effective solutions to real problems, not just applications.
- Hard Working. You aren’t afraid of a tough deadline.
- Scrappy & Fast. You like finding creative ways to quickly move projects forward.
- Good Communicator. You easily explain complex technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Team Player. You put team success first and have a high degree of personal character.
- Accountable. You take ownership and have pride in your work.
- Architect and develop a rich Data API platform that will feed our applications
- Develop features from design through implementation and launch
- Lead by example, acting decisively to interpret specifications and distribute the workload when necessary
- Evaluate technical tradeoffs of every decision and work with the Data Engineering group on the best practices
- Improve our code quality with unit tests, automation, and code reviews
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the Data Engineering Team
- Help across all platforms, diving in where help is needed, with a holistic perspective across platforms
- 5-7+ years of professional development experience
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science (or equivalent years of experience)
- A solid foundation of HTTP, Restful APIs, and asynchronous web services
- 5+ years of experience shipping and architecting backend RESTful APIs using .NET/.NET Core, Node.js or similar platform
- Familiar with front-end and back-end performance best practices
- A solid foundation in computer science including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with common software engineering tools and processes
- Experience with React highly desired
- Experience with Big Data technologies a plus
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.