Senior Technical Implementation Engineer
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were crafted in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, calm to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What you’ll do…
As a Technical Solutions Engineer, you will partner with our Customer Success Managers to drive time-to-value for Duo’s strategic customers, specifically by leading technical onboarding engagements. You will provide architectural guidance and best practices that translate business objectives and requirements into specific recommended configurations, and identify/fix potential deployment blockers. You are a strong communicator who appropriately adapts to various customer situations and audiences (from IT administrator to CISO). You should have relevant experience and background in roles that require direct technical customer interaction, such as Professional Services, Solutions Engineering, or Technical Support. Your other responsibilities will include:
- Effectively managing customer expectations - develop, cultivate and maintain trusted advisor relationship to establish and maintain technical credibility.
- Develop playbooks to drive scalability through repeatable implementations, using your attention to detail and focus on process efficiency.
- Build technical proficiency across Duo products and supported technical integrations. Present product demos and share knowledge through the generation of technical notes and/or end user training materials.
- Conduct virtual and occasional onsite project meetings, trainings and knowledge transfer sessions.
- Develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships across internal Duo Security teams. Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management, advocate customer feature requests and help influence our product roadmap.
- Consistently grow your knowledge of the competitive landscape and industry news. Confidently position Duo and handle objections related to competitive solutions.
Skills you have…
- 3+ years experience in a customer facing role as an implementation consultant or technical project manager delivering SaaS-based solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical degree preferred.
- Able to motivate and guide customers through successful implementation by demonstrating proven technical relationships.
- Ability to run multiple projects and prioritize customer requirements at different stages of the implementation lifecycle.
- Excellent written and oral business communication, and project/time management skills.
- Understanding of security technologies such as two-factor authentication, identity and access management, PKI, Windows and/or Unix system administration, and virtualization technologies.
- Administrative experience with Active Directory and/or LDAP, configuring domains and trusts, pushing GPO’s. Strong knowledge and understanding of RADIUS authentication.
- Able to configure VPN’s and diagnose complex networking issues. Familiarity with load balancing concepts and technologies (f5, Netscaler).
- Hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting SAML/SSO authentication.
- Confidence administering Microsoft technologies, including Azure, Office 365, Exchange/OWA, ADFS, and server OSes.
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You are a “hands on” technical person that derives happiness through the success of your customers - you live for that “a-ha!” moment when the customer’s light bulb shines!
- You work well under pressure, thrive in a dynamic environment, and stay flexible through growth and change.
- You love working in a team of smart individuals where everyone brings their ideas to collaborate together on solutions.
This job may not be for you if…
- Traveling up to 20% of the time wouldn’t be the best fit with your personal life.
- Working for a company in hyper growth, where change is rapid and constant, isn’t something you are comfortable embracing.
- You prefer to work on your own (we are a team that pushes each other and learns together)
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.