We are looking for an experienced Senior Developer with significant Wordpress Experience to help us optimize and evolve News & Insights, our best-in-class, WordPress-based content publishing site within realtor.com. We have up to 10 million readers each month consuming our stories on housing trends and celebrity and unique homes, and reported advice stories on buying, selling, and owning homes. Our goal is to increase traffic and engagement, enhance user experiences, and innovate ways to attract more people at all stages of the home journey to realtor.com.
Your primary focus will be managing back-end development for this property, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front end. You will also be responsible for integrating front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Additionally, you will manage API and data connections for uses within our company and for external dissemination. You will be part of a small, high-performing, and connected team within a growing company.
- Primary focus: Back-end functions of a high-traffic, WordPress-based news site
- Complete implementation of site redesign, and development of new consumer-facing products, including a suite of advice guides
- API integration with realtor.com and external services to promote seamless connections of customized and relevant information
- Upgrades and improvements on search functionality
- Analytics / testing / improvements
- Oversite on caching and maximizing site performance
- Dynamic infographic development
- Development of algorithms to serve appropriate content to users
- Integration with syndication services
- Management of external-facing content distribution services
- Development and maintenance of security and data protection protocols
- Management of other developers (both onshore and offshore) to ensure high quality development of site
What will you bring?
- 5 years (minimum) experience in content engineering and development
- Hands-on experience working with online publishing platforms essential. Experience working at a content site or in a newsroom environment preferred.
- Deep understanding of WordPress functionality and customizability
- Cutting-edge and finely honed back-end development skills to be used in a PHP-based WordPress environment
- Portfolio showing high-volume, WordPress-based content publishing applications
- Strong understanding of application scalability / maximization, db management, VCS, data storage
- Positive, communicative, and team-based work style
This is a full-time position that could be based in one of our offices, or virtually within Continental USA for the right candidate.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.