Who We Are:
Immersed is a well-funded ($12M to-date), seed-stage Techstars startup, partnered with Facebook, HTC, & Microsoft to build AR/VR offices! We're strong team of engineers whose aim is to immerse distributed teams into a virtual office to maximize productivity so they can work with their team from anywhere! We do this by offering unique virtual working environments (like working from a space station or lodge nestled up in the mountains during winter). We are also working on some of the latest hand-tracking technology our space has to offer to make working in virtual reality that much of a better experience. This is by no means an easy mission to accomplish, but with the world's best team, we're excited to revolutionize the future of work!
Who You Are:
We’re looking for an experienced Senior XR Developer (C/C++/C#) to partner with us in making working together in Virtual Reality performant. As an emerging medium, Virtual Reality requires extremely optimized code at runtime. We are looking for a self-starter who can autonomously identify new ways of enhancing that user experience through optimizing low-level code that also minimizes internal tech debt. We also are looking for som
We believe great engineering helps people solve their problems, accomplish their goals, and brings delight to their everyday lives.
If you believe the same, we should talk!
• Multiple years of XR (VR/MR/AR) development experience
• Cross-platform deployment experience
• Extensive experience developing experiences with C#, Unity, and Unity Networking solutions
• Comfortable with procedural generation and editor scripting in Unity
• Experience rapidly iterating on product based on production-level user-feedback
• Experience developing, performance profiling, and optimizing across multiple VR platforms (in Unity), specifically Oculus Quest and Quest 2 (Vive is a bonus)
• Excellent software engineering fundamentals (ie., OO Design Principles)
• Experience with Source Control (git)
• Fluent in C/C++, GCC, CMake/Make
• Exceptional team player with demonstrated competencies working cross-functionally to deliver results
• Experience with scaling to a large customer base
• Good written and communication skills (English)
Must be very willing to help co-workers and be sacrificial with time. Our work-culture is very much like a warm family, not a cold office.
• Experience with startups that have gone through Techstars, Y Combinator, or similar accelerator programs
• Experience with CI/CD (automating devops as needed to minimize time from code-written to code-deployed)
• Experience using a disassembler (IDA Pro, BinaryNinja, etc) to determine how an application works and processes data.
• Ability to analyze assembly-level code (x86, x64, ARM, ARM64, etc)
• Strong understanding of client/server application design
• Experience using another cross-platform engine like Unreal
• Salary: $75k - $120k
• Equity: $100k - $175k (at current valuation, which grows over time)
• Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
• A link to work you’ve done
• A link to your Github profile, if you use it
NOTE: We do not work with freelancers, external recruiters, agencies, or development shops.