Senior/Staff Back End Software Engineer at Juniper Square
Our mission is to make the world’s private capital markets more efficient, transparent, and accessible. Privately owned assets like commercial real estate make up half of our financial ecosystem yet remain inaccessible to most people. We are digitizing these markets and as a result bringing access to millions who don’t currently benefit from one of the most productive corners of our financial ecosystem. If you care about making the world a better place by making markets work better through technology—all while contributing as a member of a values-driven organization—we want to hear from you. We’ve doubled our team in each of the past four years while maintaining an excellent culture and staying true to our values. We are well-funded and building for the long-term. We need YOU to help us achieve our mission.
As a back end engineer at Juniper Square, you will collaborate closely with the product team and front end engineers to implement features on our core application. In addition, you will collaborate with other back end engineers to evolve our platform's architecture and scale to meet expanding scope and scale. Specifically, you will:
- Lead the effort to define and implement a new GraphQL API on top of our existing object models (we use SQLAlchemy as our ORM)
- Define the database schema and object models in the data access layer
- Implement the business logic for the features in the service layer
- Collaborate with front end engineers to define APIs and implement the server side of the interface.
- Write unit tests for your code and perform code reviews for colleagues'
- Provide technical support to the customer success team and help address production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience building web-based using modern MVC frameworks
- Expertise in Python (or other server-side web application development languages)
- Experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be juggling multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Unlimited vacation policy and paid holidays
- Generous paid family leave, medical leave, and bereavement leave policies
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Healthcare FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Freedom to customize your work and technology setup as you see fit
- Professional development stipend
- Monthly work from home wellness stipend while we're all remote
- Mental wellness coverage including live coaching and therapy sessions
- Home office productivity allowance to help create an ideal work from home setup