Site Reliability Engineer at Kazoo
Kazoo is an all-in-one Employee Experience platform that combines recognition, performance, and engagement in one powerful solution. By bringing together Real-time Recognition & Rewards, Continuous Performance Management, and Employee Engagement Surveys, Kazoo’s employee-first solution enables companies to build purpose-driven cultures while increasing productivity, retention, and revenue. With over 600 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters.
Overview of the role:
We're looking for an Engineer to join our team with a passion for scaling and technical problem-solving to help us grow our SaaS platform in the cloud. We are looking for either a DevOps / SRE engineer that can code (Node / Ruby) or a developer that knows about infrastructure. You’ll help our applications get the proper love and care they deserve. You'll investigate, develop, automate, and communicate to get the job done.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with other engineers to help solve problems ranging from systems security to build automation
- Build tools to help developers to manage the applications in the SDLC
- Work closely with other engineers to solve technical challenges and ensure continued application scalability
- Research, develop and deploy tools to manage each part of the stack
- Build systems and tools to automate deployment pipelines
- Define and own best practices for our engineering teams and assist them in engaging these processes
- Influence our infrastructure direction with your ideas
- Stay current with industry trends, systems, and practices and teach others to help them level up
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A strong desire to innovate, experiment, collaborate, and learn
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience deploying and maintaining a Node or Rails application
- You’re a developer at heart and love to make tools to help other devs
- Experience with cloud concepts and experience applying them to an app
- Experience with application containerization (Docker)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting platforms and tools
Bonus points for:
- Experience with CircleCI, ECS, Kubernetes, GKE, Terraform, Spinnaker
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached
- Experience with MongoDB, Postgres
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply...Just do it! You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay! We know there are no perfect applicants. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. One of our company values is “Yes, &” - we believe in a diverse experience that allows us to build off the momentum of each other, so however you identity and whatever background you bring with you, we strongly encourage you to submit your application if this is a role you can be passionate about doing every day!
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 12 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.