Software Development Engineer in Test – Windows Performance at CrowdStrike
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the role:
CrowdStrike is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with a passion for performance to join our Windows sensor engineering team. We’re looking for smart people who want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build, working in an environment where quality is the company culture. Come use cutting edge tools and technologies as well as tried and true ones. Work on: measuring and tuning every clock cycle of performance in our sensor product, embedded deeply into the operating systems we protect. Help us build a world class endpoint security product that delivers an efficient, reliable, seamless experience to our customers.
Success in this role means:
- A love for breaking software systems in creative and useful ways.
- Persistence and ingenuity to identify and isolate subtle interactions in complex systems.
- Passion for building rock solid solutions that peers can rely on.
- Thriving with responsibility, challenges, and aggressive goals.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and deliver.
- Define and develop performance measurement requirements for Windows sensor agent
- Benchmark and analyze the performance of the product against our high standards for quality and system impact.
- Investigate anomalies and identify root causes to performance bottlenecks and recommend resolutions
- Design and implement performance test infrastructure and test cases to catch and prevent future performance regression.
- Review engineering designs and provide plans and strategy for building in security, performance, and testability.
- Increase and improve automated test coverage, especially for measuring performance.
- Build reliable and easily consumed tools, frameworks, and environments for yourself and peers to build upon, leveraging internal or open source solutions to test in new ways.
- Work collaboratively with product and release management to control risk, improve quality, and integrate performance measurement into our release process
- A computer science background or equivalent experience (programming styles, data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality C or C++ code and scripting languages like Python
- Experience and interest in thinking deeply about the boundary between code under test and the system beneath it: low-level characteristics that lead to memory usage, performance, external standards conformance, etc.
Strong SDETS have or will develop proficiency in:
- Developing reliable, understandable systems for oneself and one’s peers to consume
- Writing and automating test cases, triaging bugs, and writing actionable bug reports
- Reading code with a focus on robustness, security, testability, and performance
- Defining and implementing test strategies
- Shipping quality software
Bonus points awarded for:
- Existing exposure to CI/CD pipelines, Docker, Bamboo, Jenkins, Windows Performance Analyzer or xperf
Bring your experience in distributed technologies and algorithms, your great API and systems design sensibilities, and your passion for writing code that performs at extreme scale. You will help build a platform that scales to millions of events per second and Terabytes of data per day. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you’ve come to the right place.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.