Software Development Engineer in Test at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:24 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
As a member of ESO’s QA team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to test the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our engineers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care and community safety. If you are creative, thorough, and passionate about quality, this is the role for you.
ESO is committed to creating accessible software that serves all our users, regardless of situation, technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of all our products. We are always looking for individuals who are passionate about creating software that is inclusive and solves all of our user’s needs by ensuring it meets W3C available standards and guidelines.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
· Design, plan, and execute test plans and test cases for ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. ( Your work will be essential to ensuring that our product offerings meet and exceed our customer’s expectations by testing all tiers in our distributed application stack. )
· To proactively seek out information and apply them to create new testing frameworks or approach. ( You should be comfortable asking questions and seek out all the variables needed for your equation. Then be ready to balance it. )
· Practice continuous integration, embrace open source software, and make informed technology and product decisions. ( We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders. )
· Work with strong SDETs using latest tool and technologies to automate testing and provide quality of product to our customers. ( Team members are empowered to champion new technologies that enhances existing testing stack. )
Who You Are - the essentials
· 2-3 years experience as an SDET or QA Engineer.
· Strong programming experience with Java or C# or Python.
· Extensive experience with backend testing and automating API.
· Good design principles on creating and maintaining automation frameworks
· Exposure to Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment practices
· Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts.
· Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
· A large group of former co-workers who will say they loved working with you
· Passion about what you do and want to know how your work impacts ESO’s success
Who You Are - the desirables
· xperience with JAWS or NVDA
· Experience with keyboard testing 6. Experience with automated testing tools and reports
· Experience with manual testing using a range of assistive technology
· Prior experience with Jmeter is strongly desired.
· Experience with Snowflake and/or SiSense is desired.
· Experience with cloud Platforms preferably Azure
· Start up or small company experience is desired as you will be owning the various applications under test
At this time eso is not able to provide sponsorship for employment
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description