How You’ll Support Our Mission
As a member of ESO’s development team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our developers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care. If you are ready to write elegant and innovative code that will affect real change, this is the job for you.
ESO is committed to creating accessible software that serves all our users, regardless of situation, technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of all our products. We are always looking for individuals who are passionate about creating software that is inclusive and solves all of our user’s needs by ensuring it meets W3C available standards and guidelines.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
As a software developer on the ESO Platform Team, you will be drafting, designing, and developing the next generation of ESO’s software architecture. Our developers lead by championing a culture of personal ownership and customer focused execution. We love engineers who pride themselves not only on excellent code but excellent end-user experiences as well.
We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders. To support this methodology, we practice continuous integration, embrace open-source software, and empower our developers to make informed technology and product decisions.
Who You Are - the essentials (Some of the things required to be successful in the role):
· 2+ years’ experience in software development and design.
· Experience developing with C# and SQL .
· Experience developing with Azure or other cloud platform.
· Ability to work effectively, both individually and as a member of a project or Agile team.
· A love for learning new things!
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
· Working understanding of WCAG 2.0 and above
· Semantic HTML before using ARIA, if such an element exists.
· Knowledge of and ability to use WAI-ARIA where necessary and mimicking (the equivalent) browser behaviour in script
· Experience with Kafka, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Service Bus
· Experience building data pipelines and SQL for Snowflake and a general understanding of the Snowflake database architecture
· Familiar with Domain-Driven Design and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practices
· Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
At this time eso is not able to provide sponsorship for employment
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description