Software Engineer- Android Developer at A Cloud Guru, A Pluralsight Company
We are committed to all learners, whether at a large enterprise, self-employed or partnered with Pluralsight One. Pluralsight has a vision of making tech (and technology learning) accessible to all people, everywhere, and mobile and native apps will be key to that success. We're stretching the boundaries of where a person can learn by delivering experiences for a variety of devices that help individuals learn wherever they are and as often as they'd like. Our apps help our customers learn on their devices running Android or Fire OS. We are looking for skilled and passionate software developers who will strengthen our team by bringing practices which are in line with our values.
Ways we work:
- Software Craftsmanship - we want to be proud of our work. come to utahsc.org
- Pair programming - we value collaborative development
- Continual improvement - we take time to sharpen the saw and adjust how we work
- Autonomous & responsible teams - making their own product & dev choices
- Cross-functional teams - collaborating through all phases of the product dev process
- Trusting leaders - who trust us to create and don't impose deadlines or features.
You'd be an outstanding fit if you have:
- SQLite Databases
- Jetpack Compose
- JUnit, Espresso, Mockito
- Pair programming
- Git and GitHub
- Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore deployment
- A frequent and clear communicator
- A team player who gives and receives respectful, constructive feedback
- Passionate about building reliable, maintainable software
- Someone who continually improves and learns
- Someone with a focus on quality and an eye for detail
- Someone who lives Pluralsight's values
Experience you'll need:
- 3 or more years of software engineering experience
- Experience building Android apps
- Work on the Android and Fire OS native Pluralsight app to deliver learning experiences to a worldwide audience
- Balance stability and innovation to continually improve existing products
- Work closely with customers and product management to build experiences our learners want
Working at Pluralsight
We don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our dedication to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, willingness to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.