Software Engineer – Automation and Testing
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT OPCITY BECAUSE WE...
• Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing data-driven company
• Work collaboratively to draw on each team members unique experience
• Are at the forefront of tech and real estate, redefining the home buying experience for the next generation.
• Are passionate about our customers and live/breathe the user experience.
• Get to be creative every day.
• Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
• Offer competitive compensation based on your level and experience to help eliminate bias in salaries
• Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Create, update, and maintain an extensible test automation frameworks
- Deliver and interpret automation results
- Review and triage test failures; reproduce, debug, isolate problems and verify fixes
- Drive metrics with engineering peers to monitor code coverage; recommend bug prevention strategies, and implement other quality measures
- Perform manual and exploratory testing as needed
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to understand product requirements and partner use cases
- Stay current with the latest test automation best practices and share your findings with the team
WHO YOU ARE
- Driven test engineer that is motivated to enable your peers to build great products in a fast-paced environment
- Business focused technologist versed in modern testing frameworks and methodologies
- Experience developing web and mobile-based testing automation using Selenium or similar automated testing frameworks
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven sequencing decisions
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
We’ll be moving our development team from our HQ offices on Burleson Rd. to Downtown, Austin, TX.
Read Full Job Description