Software Engineer, ECD Cloud
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the role:
Crowdstrike is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engine and Content Development (ECD) team, with a focus on cloud-side development. The Engine and Content Development team is a central part of CrowdStrike’s mission - “We Stop Breaches." In ECD, we implement strategies and processes that detect suspicious or malicious behavior. Our goal is to automatically stop the bad guys where possible, and to provide useful visibility and guidance to security analysts when new previously unknown adversary activity occurs. We research attacker behavior to understand their tools and techniques, and we build capabilities to detect and prevent malicious activity. Our detection strategies are often performed directly on the endpoint, but are also executed in cloud and may utilize a hybrid strategy combining aspects of both environments. This ability to leverage a variety of tools across the CrowdStrike stack allow us to accomplish our detection goals while balancing local resource utilization and false positives for our customers.
As an engineer in the ECD team, you’ll help ensure that our cloud environment does its job in protecting customers from breaches. Today, that means supporting millions of events per second, and storing and processing terabytes of data. We’re not slowing down, and tomorrow’s challenges will be even bigger. You’ll be thinking about how to build high-quality systems that scale cleanly and reliably, and then implementing those ideas primarily in Go (and also some Python). Prior experience with Go is not required, but will be helpful. Mainly, we're looking for smart people who want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build.
- Leverage and build cloud based systems to detect targeted attacks and automate cyber threat intelligence production at a global scale.
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams.
- Build elegant solutions for complex technical problems in Go and Python that are unit tested, code reviewed, and building in continuous integration.
- Read code in the various programming languages in use in our environment (Go, Scala, Python, C++, unix shell, among others).
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team.
- Deliver and accept feedback with grace and courtesy.
- Leverage your understanding of engineering best practices, including topics like appropriate testing paradigms, effective peer code reviews, logging, and resilient architecture patterns, to ensure that our code is clean and performant.
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience (programming styles, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience building and scaling cloud-based back-end systems in production.
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges.
- Experience with any of the following languages: Go, Scala, Python, Java, or C#.
- Experience developing and deploying into linux-based cloud environments.
- Computer and/or network security experience.
- Prior implementation experience with Go, Scala, and Python.
- Prior experience working within scalable microservices architectures utilizing REST and gRPC interfaces.
- Prior experience with cloud services, such as AWS or Azure, particularly compute and storage offerings.
- Prior experience with containerization and container orchestration technologies such as docker, kubernetes, and spinnaker.
- Prior exposure to Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, and/or Hadoop.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.