We are looking for all levels of ambitious engineers to help build technology technology that places power and results back into the hands of the patient.
Our Software Engineers spend most of their time hands-on in the creation, feature development, and subsequent maintenance of Bright Health properties. The more senior their level, the more that individual will assist in the continuous improvement of the team's productivity and code quality.
We are hiring Mid to Lead level roles. If you have at last 2 full years (or more) of hands-on-keyboard experience, in a production environment, we'd love to chat with you!
- Collaborate with other disciplines to build and implement solutions for Bright Health’s digital properties
- Create responsive websites and applications using agreed upon frameworks/technologies
- Build integrations with outside / third-party systems
- Work with designers to maintain UI/UX standards
- Work on all aspects of our product stack from UI to API to data to infrastructure
- Stay on top of bug and task management (Jira or similar experience a plus)
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's productivity, culture, and code quality
- Help debug issues and pair program with other engineers
- Create documentation and processes for teaching sessions with other engineers as needed
- Act as a knowledge base for other engineers
- Mentor engineers at all levels of their careers to improve skills, code quality, and best practices
- Experience using both traditional Relational (e.g. MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis)
- Strong work ethic plus follow-through on commitments (works smart to get the job done right and on time)
- Proactive approach to problem solving (acting without being told, driving for measurable results, etc.).
- Career software experience or bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering;
- 2-10 or more years of software development experience
- Deep experience building/deploying/maintaining scalable and always available consumer facing products;
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies (SCRUM).
The Consumer Platform Team here at Bright is creating the most remarkable healthcare technology that places power and results back into the hands of the patient.
We are a team that is constantly optimizing to improve results.
We’re doers who love getting into the weeds to solve problems for ourselves and our community of members.
Titles don’t matter. Results and ambition do.
There is no bureaucracy or red tape. We are insanely biased toward action, led by data and problem solving.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.