Software Engineer I - Full Stack
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses, and our Engineering team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS e-commerce platform.
Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco, and Sydney offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost of our more heavyweight competitors to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for Full Stack Engineers who want to make an impact to every level of society through powering innovators, creative thinkers, entrepreneurs and business owners around the world to be successful at each stage of their business.
What you’ll do:
Our core programming languages include PHP, Scala, Ruby on Rails, React, Angular, TypeScript, Jest, Node, and many more. We work in a microservices environment hosted by the Google Cloud Platform. We already have a lot of nice things in place in terms of build and deployment tools to get code out there several times a day, experimentation and metrics gathering so we can make smart choices and monitoring, so we know when something goes wrong. We don’t expect our new-starters to be intimately familiar with all the tools we use, but if you are then we’re looking forward to learning how we can get the best out of them. We work closely with other engineering teams, product owners, designers, business representatives, and external partners to build a robust eCommerce platform that enables our customers to grow their businesses and our technology partners to build robust integrations and enhancements on top of our APIs. We have a team of people at different levels and with different expertise and we work to iterate, learn, and build great software together.
Why we’re excited about you:
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS or equivalent degree or has relevant work experience
- You have a solid understanding of modern programming and design principles. You write tested, maintainable code that you are proud of and you are committed to keeping code quality high
- You are passionate and knowledgeable on modern technologies and tools, without being biased toward a specific technology. You’re more interested in finding the right tools and patterns for the job
- You’re an excellent communicator. You can explain not just your ideas, but the reasons behind them, and you’re comfortable to do that in person, over slack or email, or in a code review
- You own your work and hold yourself responsible for results
- You love to teach as well as to learn. You don't hesitate to ask for help and are always ready to provide help when needed because you want the whole team to grow
- You enjoy your work and the team you work with. You think terrible puns are funny and you would poke fun at your manager because they can’t spell
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.