Software Engineer II (Developer Tooling Platform Team) at BigCommerce (Austin, TX)
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is searching for a Software Engineer II to help drive Developer Enablement. You will join the new and exciting Developer Tooling Platform Team that is looking to grow and expand. We are currently a small distributed team that engages with the entire Engineering organization by crafting and maintaining platform tools that enable BigCommerce Engineers to work faster and to be less encumbered by technical burdons.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain a broad area of tooling that drives engineering efficiency
- Work with cloud-hosted technologies to provide an effective development environment
- Educate engineers on tool usage and possible process improvements
- Provide support for internal tooling
- Detail technical aspects and user flows of features
- Work and collaborate with a distributed team across the world
- Assist in defining the team’s roadmap
- Work closely with Engineers to capture requirements
- Create and monitor statistics to observe tooling health and functionality
Who You Are:
- At least 2 years experience as a Software Engineer
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS, CE, SW, MIS, or equivalent degree or has relevant work experience
- Effective working in a programming language such as Ruby, Scala, or PHP
- Excited to explore and engage in new languages, tools, and technologies
- Willingness to use the right tool for the job
- Contribute to project discovery, design, and implementation
- Comfortable working on several projects
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can tackle production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.