Software Engineer II, Mobile (iOS) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
The BigCommerce Engineering team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform. Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco, Kiev, and Sydney offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way.
With established career paths, continuing education opportunities, and exciting technical challenges, BigCommerce Engineering is a great place to start or continue your career journey.
At BigCommerce, a “Best Place to Work 2022” in Austin, Sydney, and San Francisco, we are a company of talented professionals, who care deeply about both our customers and our culture. We believe in the power of working together, striving at the edge of what’s possible, impacting the lives of billions for the better. We believe in collaboration, creativity, personal growth, and inspiration, and we believe diversity is our undeniable strength.
Our Mobile team is made of folks who are excited about mobile app design and development, and who embrace the challenge of these devices and platforms evolving year after year. We are seeking an iOS engineer to join our team, help expand the features of our store management app for merchants and build new mobile app experiences. We work with engineering teams across the organization and around the globe. We learn, we share, and we celebrate.
**To be considered applicants must reside in the United States**
You can learn more about our mobile platform here:
Who You Are
- Have completed either a comprehensive software engineering bootcamp, a CS or equivalent degree, or have relevant work experience
- Be excited about mobile platforms: the devices, the software, and the possibilities
- Be creative, and like to work on greenfield projects
- Be interested in working with and learning from experienced developers
- Have at least 2 years experience working with Swift or Objective-C on iOS, Swift preferred
- Familiarity with modern programming principles
Bonus/Nice to have skills
- Good understanding of Apple Human Interface Guidelines, SwiftUI, Combine, and other iOS SDKs
- Experience with using REST APIs to power an application
- Experience supporting the entire application lifecycle of a consumer app (concept, design, test, iteration, publish, and support)
Our Hiring Processes Might Include
We want to see your problem-solving and analytical skills. Be prepared to write good, clean, scalable code. You don’t need to know our entire stack, but we’re looking for practical experience, someone who can solve production problems in the cloud.
- Recruiter Phone Screen
- Hiring Manager Screening
- Online Code Assessment
- Final Team Interview
- Note: Visa Work Authorization Sponsorship Supported and Relocation Assistance Provided
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.