Software Engineer II, Ruby ( Billing Team) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a “Best Place to Work” in Austin, is looking for a full-time Software Engineer II, Ruby on our Billing Team in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
Engineering teams are on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform. Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco and Sydney offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way.
On the Billing Team, we build and extend the tools, marketplaces, and frameworks that enable our merchants and partners to manage their experience. Our primary languages are Ruby and React + TypeScript. Architecturally we use REST APIs, gRPC, and we leverage a host of internal deployment and cloud infrastructure tools.
Be a member of our Billing Teams that powers our account management systems. You’ll be working with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Build and extend APIs that support our applications and external services
- Maintain and refactor legacy interfaces as we improve our technology platform
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Deliver demonstrable value to our internal and external stakeholders
Who You Are
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- 2+ years of professional experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, MIS or related equivalent experience
- Adept with full-stack development
- Experienced in developing high performance, scalable and available web services and applications
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Strong understanding of relational databases, distributed queuing systems, and external services integrations over APIs
- Experience with ecommerce, SaaS platforms highly preferred
- Bonus: DevOps experience, GCP experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
- Bonus: gRPC experience
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.