Software Engineer II, Ruby (Ecosystems Team)
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are looking for a full-time Software Engineer II, Ruby to join us in the exciting and rapidly growing e-commerce industry.
The BigCommerce Engineering team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform. Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco, and Sydney offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way.
Be a member of our Ecosystem Team that powers our billing, partner, and identity platforms. You’ll be working with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Build highly-available, redundant, and scalable distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Work closely with operations while building and scaling back-end services
- Introduce and support event-driven architectures
- Collaborate with product and design to support optimal user experience
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Build new features with a focus on extensibility and quality
- Help design/architect/execute the building of services for the BigCommerce platform
- Build highly-available, distributed systems
- Build integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST APIs that can span multiple codesets/services, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Foster a culture that is open, positive, energized and innovative
Who You Are:
- Experience using Scala in SaaS applications
- Strong plus to have middleware or SOA experience using Scala
- Strong plus to have Ruby / Ruby on Rails development experience
- Strong plus to have iOS or Android development experience
- Experience building integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST API providers that can span multiple code sets, fail gracefully and be highly extendable
- Knowledge of TDD, BDD, DDD.
- Nice to Haves: DevOps experience, Google Cloud Platform experience, and/or Docker or other containerization technologies
- Nice to Haves: Experience with: gRPC, GraphQL, RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of functional programming paradigm with reactive design patterns.
- Experience in highly scalable service-oriented architectures.
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Excited to learn new technologies
- Experience with ecommerce, distributed queuing systems, and SaaS platforms is highly desirable
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.