Software Engineer II, Ruby (I&AM Team)
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Software Engineer II, Ruby on our Identity & Access Management (I&AM) Team.
The BigCommerce Engineering team is on a mission to build the leading SaaS ecommerce platform. Our global team of engineers works from our Austin, San Francisco and Sydney offices and are focused on building the right product for our customers in the right way.
On the I&AM Team, we build and extend the services responsible for managing access and authorization across the platform for users, partners, and the BigCommerce platform. Our primary languages are Ruby with some Scala, PHP, React + TypeScript. Architecturally we use REST APIs, gRPC, and we leverage a host of internal deployment and cloud infrastructure tools.
Be a member of our Identity and Access Management Team that powers our authentication and authorization throughout the platform. You’ll be working with team members to extend our products and integrate with a broad array of internal and external services. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Build systems and APIs that provide world-class identity and access management features to the entire platform.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
Who You Are
- 2 years experience as a Software Engineer in Ruby or a similar language
- Experience with Scala, PHP, or React.js is a plus
- Think iteratively by breaking down problems into smaller, deliverable / deployable pieces.
- Knowledge of gRPC, RabbitMQ, and familiarity with caching solutions
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Cloud Computing highly desirable
- Experience in highly scalable service-oriented architectures
- Solid UNIX knowledge
- Knowledge of RBAC and Authentication concepts a strong plus
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, MIS or related equivalent experience
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.