Software Engineer II
Who are we looking for?
Are you a technologist that loves spending time with family and friends enjoying food and drink? Then this may be your dream job! We’re looking for a problem solver with great coding skills to make an impact in an industry that affects everyone you know. At Compeat our industry leading restaurant management product suite will have you engaged in cloud computing, distributed back-office systems, SOA, online services, and data analysis.
We are looking for a talented technologist to join our team as a Software Engineer to evolve our product suite and user experience. This role will be a member of a development team in our beautiful Austin office located at the Domain. Along with your peers you'll work on difficult problems; design, develop, and deliver complex, sophisticated distributed systems of loosely coupled autonomous services and web applications. If you're also creative, humble, and fun, you'll fit right into our culture and healthy work environment where “bring your dog to work day” is every day.
Who are we?
Compeat Restaurant Management Systems was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. Over the last 18 years we have installed restaurant management software for hundreds of customers in thousands of restaurant locations across the US and Canada. Compeat software is running in every type of restaurant ranging in size from high volume independents to large chain operators. Compeat is the industry leading provider of end-to-end software solutions including accounting, inventory management, onboarding, workforce, payroll, business intelligence, and mobile apps.
- Design and develop highly scalable and loosely coupled solutions
- Challenge all assumptions. Ask great questions in the spirit of building awesome products
- Approach Software Development as a craft, following best practices in OOD/OOP, and writing testable code with a strong belief in unit testing, clean coding, and the value of Agile development
- Refactor to drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the code
- Look for pragmatic solutions to find the right tool for the right job
- Recommend application improvements
- Support production systems and analyze problems, releasing patches and fixes as necessary
- Self-driven contributor as a member of a high-performing development team
- Bright and engaging with start-up energy and passion
- Flexible and able to change direction as the business and technology evolves and changes
- Enjoys an agile development environment (Scrum and/or Kanban methodology experience a plus)
- Cares about the team culture
- Strong technologist
- Fantastic problem solver
- Love to communicate clearly and effectively
- 3+ years in full-stack web application development, Object Oriented Programming, Agile methodology, CI/CD
- Commitment to delivering quality code including unit testing, security, maintainability, performance
- Experience with our tech stack:
- Redux / NgRx
- js / Express
- SQL Server
- Experience with the following:
- SQL development, stored procedures, triggers, and functions (and an understanding of when/why to use them)
- RESTful APIs
- Responsive design
- Web/Windows Services
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Refactoring an existing code base
Nice to Have
Bonus points if you have experience with development of accounting systems, inventory systems or labor management systems
- Experience with mobile app development a plus
- C# and .Net are a bonus because we have some products that use it
- Other things you’ll encounter:
- Visual Studio