Software Engineer - Java - Austin
About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
DO YOU CODE WELL WITH OTHERS? H-E-B is a leading innovator in technology, and our Information Solutions Partners collaborate to design, construct, implement, and support technology solutions. As a Developer, you will code, test, and debug new and existing applications, as well as research and fact-find to assist in development and modifications.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that makes H-E-B The Greatest Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... a passion for working with others to help accomplish their vision?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... an ability to leverage technology to produce big-picture solutions?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... a relentless drive for finding the best answer? a desire to see a project through to the end?
We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems
- programming and research skills
- abilities in analytics, time-management, organization, and communication
What is the work?
Design & Development:
- Leverages Center of excellence (CoE)-approved languages and development tools to communicate with end users, gather requirements, code, test, and debug modifications to existing applications; or executes the same in the development of new applications.
- Assists in research and fact-finding to develop or modify information systems.
- Executes the full System Delivery life cycle.
- Actively engages, collaborates with broader technical teams to ensure timely and quality solution delivery
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 3 - 6 years of experience
- Experience in at least one CoE-approved programming language
- Experience in development-centered phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (development, integration, and test and implementation)
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Developer?
- Good interpersonal / communication skills (writing, speaking, listening)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Personal leadership skills
- Ability to work complex issues with senior management
- Analytical; detail-oriented
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Sit for an extended period of time
- Work extended hours