Software Engineer in Test at Rev.com
About the Position
Rev QA Engineers are expected to do more than just test code. They are expected to become experts on the problems facing our users, produce great ideas, and play an integral part in delivering a high-quality product.
We are looking for a Software Engineer In Test who will act as a technical resource for the larger QA team and help scale the technical tool stack we use to test the highest quality software. You will perform all aspects of testing, and provide mentorship, retaining and promoting collaborative culture at Rev. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you!
- Develop and run effective tests to ensure product stability and performance
- Develop and maintain an existing Java-based automation framework
- Continuously improve frameworks through refactoring and evaluating potential libraries
- Be an expert using Webdriver
- Be familiar with the Page Object Model
- Be a mentor and resource for team members working with automation
- Support and educate developers interacting with the framework
- Embed in teams whose goal is to provide valuable working software to our customers.
- Identify critical bottlenecks in development
- Communicate with product and engineering on a daily basis
- Possess a solid knowledge of QA methodologies and tools
- Have knowledge and experience with the latest and greatest test frameworks for automation
- Are proficient in Java, especially JDK 8+
- Believe that design patterns belong in test code
- Consider test code as part of the source code
- Have experience using Selenium WebDriver using Java
- Have been a mentor to other team members
- Thrive working in startup environments and cultures
- Are a self-starter
- Have a proven track record of creating, writing and running a variety of tests
- Can spot flaws and inconsistencies
- Are detail-oriented and have the ability to analyze complicated data sets
- A strong propensity for research and investigation
Life at Rev
Rev is a profitable, growth-stage startup that specializes in meeting the speech-to-text needs of hundreds of thousands of customers annually through its unmatched combination of the world's most accurate speech AI and the world's largest community of freelancers working side-by-side.
Rev's suite of products includes transcription, captioning, subtitling, as well as a live-captioning app for Zoom video conferencing. Rev also boasts seamless integrations with YouTube and Vimeo, as well as custom APIs for enterprise clients who need novel speech-to-text solutions.
Founded in 2010 by five MIT alumni, Rev has raised millions of dollars in venture capital from top Silicon Valley VCs and experienced exceptionally rapid growth, both internally and externally. Rev was recently named by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies and is a destination for the world's foremost engineers and speech scientists.
Our promise is to create great work from home jobs, powered by AI. Our vision is to transcend all barriers of communication. Joining Rev means joining a team of smart, passionate, and friendly people with different backgrounds, shared ideas, and similar goals. Oh, and tons of perks!
- Get Paid: Be competitively compensated by a well-funded startup. Enjoy full benefits, options, and a 401k.
- Desk Budget & Office Equipment: Rev will provide you with a new laptop. You will also have a budget to outfit your workspace.
- Make a Difference: Be measured by your impact, not your effort. Help create real jobs for real people.
- Work Where You Want: For most roles, be free to stay at home, come to the office, or work from a coffee shop.
- Have Fun: Plan and participate in events like field day, baseball games, ski trips and happy hours.
- Stretch Yourself: Learn new skills, talk to customers, drive product improvements, or learn to design. We will push you to your limits.
We encourage and celebrate different perspectives regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, race, origin, religion, caregiver status, disability, ethnicity, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Multiple points of view fuel our innovation and connect us closer to Revvers, our customers and each other.
Rev is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Rev.com's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States.