We’re an award-winning business, recently voted Best Small Companies in Austin! Brightpearl exists to automate retail so merchants can spend their time and money growing the business.
Brightpearl is designed for retailers and wholesalers and enables omnichannel merchants to manage the heart of their business easily from one single system. Over 1,200 businesses in 26 countries use our platform and we manage over 10m transactions and $3b of business a year. Brightpearl is a cloud platform which typically gets retail businesses up and running in less than 60 days - twice as fast as our competitors. We are increasing our investment across the teams to take us to the next level and we’re looking for proactive self-starters to hit the ground running on our Engineering team.
Brightpearl’s US headquarters is in the heart of downtown Austin with a global headquarters in Bristol, UK.
A good team player capable of delivering quality results under pressure and to strict deadlines; An attitude of continual improvement, lifelong learning and an interest in new technologies. The ability to assess the relative merits of different languages and technologies according to requirements and be motivated to create high quality products within the eCommerce domain.
About the Role:
We are looking for talented, experienced software engineer to join our polyglot language team in Austin building SaaS applications for online retailers. Our core languages are PHP, Java, Go, JS and SQL in a diverse suite of services. You are a team player and people are generally better off having you on their team!
Your Day-to-Day Life:
This role is primarily focused on integrating our services with leading platforms like BigCommerce, Shopify, Amazon and more. It will involve the use of many of our implementation languages and technology stacks. Many of our current integrations process thousands of messages an hour! Some of your regular responsibilities might include:
- Work in a small cross-functional team to deliver new features, improve existing features, prototype new applications, improve our SaaS infrastructure, develop in-house tools or integrate with partner services.
- Design, implement and test new components, products and integrations.
- Diagnose problems seen in production and advise on solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, quality analysts, performance analysts, system administrators, product managers, customers, and partners.
- Work in a virtualized environment using docker and kubernetes to create, evolve and port the provisioning of the services.
- Knowledge of object oriented design
- Experience building web applications end-to-end and optimizing them for production
- Good understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Good understanding and experience of web services and REST API design best practices
- A robust understanding of automatic code testing and development in CI and CD contexts
- Experience in refactoring and improving existing legacy platforms
- Ability to work with a variety of languages and technologies day-to-day
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Writing integrations using the APIs of web store or marketplace providers (e.g. BigCommerce, Shopify, eBay, Amazon, etc)
- Using Cucumber or equivalent for end to end testing
- Knowledge of Laravel or Symfony frameworks
- Front-end build tools (e.g. Gulp, Grunt, Webpack)
- Linux command line, basic administration and shell scripting
- Background in high scale systems development
- Experience with queuing technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Understanding of performance tuning and optimization
- ELK / monitoring experience
- Experience with docker and Kubernetes
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2018
- Competitive compensation package: salary, stock options, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!