Software Engineer at realtor.com
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:34 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 28, 2020
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
What you’ll do here can literally change lives. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in tech, make lots of new friends (that also happen to be co-workers), and help people make informed decisions about one of the most meaningful things in their lives, their home.
We’ve got locations in Canada and the US, including great new digs in Austin TX, and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.
You'll love working at realtor.com because we...
Are a successful, vibrant, fast-growing data-driven company
Work collaboratively to draw on each team members unique experience
Are at the forefront of tech and real estate, redefining the home buying experience for the next generation.
Are passionate about our customers and live/breathe the user experience.
Get to be creative every day.
Believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
Offer competitive compensation based on your level and experience to help eliminate bias in salaries
Are serious about our commitment to life-work balance
What you will do...
- Build full stack React/Redux applications that talk to Python API services
- Deliver new features to our iOS and Android mobile app using React Native
- Build backend services around advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
"To be a match for this role, you should be..."
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Able to take requirements and build something that‚Äôs simple yet impactful, minimalistic yet beautiful, extensible yet maintainable.
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Experience working across the full technical stack, delivering quality code on both frontend (we use React) and backend (we use Python, Flask, AWS, Docker)
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Attention to detail, great sense of design, and commitment to beautiful user experiences
- Understanding of computer science fundamentals, schema design, and best practices
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description