Software Engineering Manager
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for leadership and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with a presence in Santa Barbara, Boston, New York City, London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
The Engineering Manager (EM) will lead the engineering team at LM to become a best-in-class infrastructure software product engineering team. The EM, reporting to the VP - Engineering, is responsible for the management of the engineering team reporting into the manager. The EM will lead the department's recruiting, collaborate with the PM team and other EM counterparts, manage the delivery of the product features by the team, report key KPIs to measure quality and productivity and be responsible for building a culture of the LM Engineering team that embodies a dedication to building great products, personal performance excellence, team participation, team retention and accountability for the development of LM products.
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight of engineering personnel. Provide guidance and direction, plan quarterly performance objectives, ensure adequate staffing, manage personnel issues and performance, etc.
- Provide regular reporting of Engineering roadmap and objectives to executives
- Build optimal engineering team structure (job titles, salary ranges, performance evaluation system, etc.).
- Communicate features/suggestions from Engineering to the Product team.
- Manage the process of taking Product "problems and challenges" to create Engineering-led product solutions.
- Work with the Product team as a key stakeholder for input into feature design and product planning.
- Work with the Technical Support team to provide training and advanced troubleshooting.
- Work with TechOps team for infrastructure scaling, design and operational improvements.
- Dedicate ample time with LM customers, prospects, and the industry to remain closely aware of customer problems and industry trends relating to product engineering.
- Ensure all team members have a published job description including scorecard items.
- Participate as a member of the engineering management team.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of experience of managing and growing engineering teams
- 12+ years of industry experience
- Expert in implementing and optimizing agile development and continuous integration / continuous delivery methodologies
- Experience with Open source big data technologies such as Kafka, Cassandra, Elastic etc.
- Experience in building enterprise products delivered via SaaS
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing geographically dispersed teams
- Strong development experience as part of career progression
- Proven ability in leadership role in developing enterprise application frameworks
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field of study