Software Engineering Manager at Coder
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:20 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, April 8, 2021
At Coder, we believe that developers should spend their time writing code, not getting their development environment working. Coder moves software development to the cloud, centralizing your organizations' development initiatives and offering improvements in development velocity and enterprise security. Developers focus on their projects and the end product, not on setup. Our software has been pulled over 19 million times from Docker, received over 40,000 stars on GitHub, and is used by some of the world's largest enterprises. We're also working with pilot organizations to shape the future of remote development through Coder.
We’re looking for people who want to come along on the adventure and build a world where devs can stay in flow, and companies can code at the speed of thought. Are you excited about working closely with others to build something new? Are you comfortable with the idea that you’ll be expected to roll up your sleeves and get things done? Are you the kind of person who doesn’t wait around for other people to solve problems? Are you someone who values open communication, embraces change, and collaborates with enthusiasm? Then we’d love to see you here at Coder!
Coder is on a mission to build the best products available for developers. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to support, mentor and grow our Engineer's. This role is responsible for coordinating the team, helping employees grow, and maintaining our core culture of building.
We are a startup so your responsibilities will be both broad and deep - and we’re moving very quickly so you’ll need to prioritize effectively and establish lightweight processes to ensure you’re making the best use of your time and resources to propel Coder forward. You will be reporting to the VP of Engineering.
- Improve development velocity, stability and predictability of our Editor support
- Grow the team while maintaining high velocity and morale
- Collaborate with Product Management on roadmap to ensure the team has clear direction
You should have:
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- 2+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of computer science and programming
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a solid track record growing people and teams
- Good at prioritization and applying sound, data-informed judgment to weigh trade- offs
- Degree in Computer Science
- Past work at a high-growth startup
- You love the Unix philosophy
- You are passionate about open source software
- You have strong opinions about engineering workflow
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 3 full weeks. During these 3 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings. Coder is a remote first company with our HQ in Austin, TX. 🤠
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that
We are an Equal Opportunity EmployerAll qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description