Software Engineering Manager at Gecko Robotics
Who We Are:
Gecko Robotics (Gecko) is focused on protecting and maintaining civilizations' most critical infrastructure, with machines and platforms.
Traditional manual maintenance is dangerous, slow and reactive. Gecko’s solutions improve safety and speed (10x) while gathering more data (1000x) to predict infrastructure failures before they happen.
Gecko services customers across the USA and internationally primarily in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Pulp & Paper markets.
About the role:
Are you someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day? Are you constantly seeking improvements and a better way to solve tough problems using data to make informed decisions? Does building scalable, reliable solutions that impact the lives of millions of people across the globe sound exciting to you?
At Gecko, we understand that the best managers serve their teams, removing roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. We take pride in what we do to better serve our mission of protecting and maintaining civilization’s most critical infrastructure through machines and platforms. If you are equally happy talking algorithms and data structures as you are brainstorming about agile development processes and technology career development, we are looking for you to join our Software Engineering team!
As our engineering organization grows, you will help ensure we keep the talent bar high while growing the skills and capabilities of your team. All of our products are built with performance, scalability, and data-driven decision-making in mind.
What you will do:
As an Engineering Manager, you:
- Are collaborative and a phenomenal communicator when working with cross-functional teams.
- Want to be an integral part of an organization that values innovation, collaboration, and impact.
- Are driven to understand customer needs and the product roadmap.
- Will proactively foster your team's technical decision making and drive day to day execution to maximize customer value in support of Gecko's unique value proposition.
- Understand the unique challenges of a rapidly growing software engineering organization and are motivated to help lay the foundation for its growth.
What Gecko is looking for:
- 5+ years overall software development experience
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Demonstrated ability managing a high-performing engineering team including the ability to mentor developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- An understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Experience with full-stack web application development is highly preferred.
- Significant prior success as a software engineer working on challenging problems of scale.
- Solid knowledge of data structures and algorithms and excellent programming skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a closely related computer technical field.
- Previous entrepreneurial / start-up experience is highly preferred.