Solutions Architect at W2O Group
Recently named Best Place to Work by MM&M, The Holmes Report, PR News, PRWeek, and AdAge, W2O is an integrated marketing and communications firm powered by analytics and specializing in healthcare. We are currently seeking a talented Solutions Architect to join our growing team of pharmaceutical advertising, technology and data professionals. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-growing global agency.
We are hiring a Solutions Architect to solve our global organization’s Enterprise wide challenges. The Solutions Architect engage with internal engineers, technologists, project leadership and team members of external client accounts (when needed) to better understand business drivers, assess application portfolios, design reliable and cost-effective cloud native and full stack architectures. As a Solutions Architect, you will create solutions that address key business challenges and accelerate the adoption of best in class technology services.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology architecture. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. We are looking for candidates who are comfortable at the intersection of technology and business. The Solutions Architect is a very technical role - you must be broadly competent across many areas of technology (infrastructure, security, DevOps, databases, application development, analytics, engineering, data science) and deep in at least 2-3 of those specific areas. On the business side, the ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
Skill and Responsibilities
- Leads the technical architecture for solutions in a manner consistent with enterprise guidelines, by applying common frameworks and re-usable components.
- Ensure operational platforms and associated data/system interfaces have been designed for stability, performance, and scalability - both functional and non-functional needs.
- Brings conceptual design down to a level of detail that can be physically implemented.
- Ensures functionality is translated into solutions within the context of timeline, resources, and quality.
- Works closely with engineering teams to support and guide solution implementation.
- Acts as an advisor for technical resources on projects.
- Develops and maintain current and future-state architecture models; manages technical debt and risks.
- Stays abreast of industry best practices, technologies, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
- Understanding and ability to work within architectural frameworks.
- Successful track record delivering quality results on complex cross-functional projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- 7+ years in a software engineering role; 10+ years in IT. Very strong knowledge of Java stack.
- Knowledge of Python.
- Deep understanding of Cloud Computing technology, especially GCP and AWS, with hands-on implementation experience
- Experience in building data driven systems that leverage AI/ML.
- Personal responsibility in getting things done.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents including a 4th Trimester program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.w2ogroup.com/
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.