Sr. Backend Engineer (Node Express) at TeleVet
It’s a rare opportunity. TeleVet has a healthy client base and a solid, trusted product. Today, pet care professionals across the country are talking to pet parents about their loved ones using our platform. It’s a revolution in health care that is sweeping the industry, and we’re at the forefront. We need your help to take us to the next chapter in our story!
This chapter will rebuild the product on a new platform with modern architecture and development best practices. It will be scalable, resilient, and maintainable. Our architecture will be service oriented and containerized, and the easy deployment flow will take the chore out of daily development. Automating as much as possible will let us focus on the real work, building a better service that our clients love.
You need to have a strong engineering background and great attention to detail. In character, you strive to create elegant architecture, along with clean, maintainable code. You take the lead in discussions, challenge your peers, and coach new hires in getting up to speed. As a senior, you’re expected to learn and teach. You have great experience, let’s make the team stronger.
What you will do
- Work closely with all consumers within the business: Product, Mobile, and Web.
- Define and drive development architecture on AWS.
- Ensure stability and scalability of our services.
- Collaborate with Product and frontend engineers to provide API endpoints.
- Contribute to and abide by best coding standards.
- Implement telemetry and reporting.
- Guide us with opinions on creating maintainable APIs.
- Create microservices and containerize various backend services.
- Coach new hires and peers.
- Assist in hiring top talent.
Current Technology Stack
- Angular 5+
- Firebase Realtime Database
- SQL & NoSQL Databases
- React JS & React Native
- At least 4 (solid) years of backend development experience (at least 1 year as a lead)
- Excellent knowledge of Node.js and familiarity with other OO languages
- Experience with AWS
- Experienced with scaling and performance improvements
- Experience integrating data storage solutions (MySQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
- High execution mindset while balancing the risk vs costs
- Experience in delivering production ready applications in a timely manner
- Experience in mentoring team members
- Excellent English language and communication skills