Sr. Full Stack Engineer- Python
AlertMedia is looking for a Senior-Level Engineer with full-stack experience. This role is an opportunity to use a wide variety of design and technical web skills to help us manage day-to-day requests as well as leverage your experience and expertise to mentor junior developers as the team grows. Strong creative and technical abilities are vital for success in this role, with the ideal candidate being an independent problem solver and critical thinker. You must have a passion for innovative software development and willingness to roll up your sleeves to collaborate with all teams.
Who you are: You thrive in a collaborative engineering environment that plays to everyone's strengths with a willingness to work across the entire stack. Ideally, you have Python experience (a similar language is great as long as you're willing to learn) but more importantly, you care about the quality of your work, the impactful product you help build, and the team you help build it with. You have AWS experience and are willing to learn from people with both more and less experience than you.
Who we are:
AlertMedia has disrupted the mass notification industry and become its technology leader, now serving some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. Our emergency communication software and monitoring services enable organizations keep their people safe, informed, and connected. Customers in telecom, healthcare, transportation, energy, manufacturing, government and education are using the AlertMedia platform for emergency communication, regular business communication, and operational activities such as scheduling, dispatching, and other logistics.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Become an expert in the AlertMedia platform and tools, and its uses for our customers
- Design and develop a highly scalable infrastructure that handles millions of users
- Work in an Agile based environment using tools like Git, JIRA, Jenkins, and Slack
- Contribute to the technology lead that Alert Media has over other solutions through innovative development and by helping contribute new ideas related to leveraging technology in our product line
- Use strong verbal and written communication skills in collaboration with other engineering and product teams
- Contribute to AlertMedia’s culture, values and vision for the future
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience building scalable applications with modern frameworks, such as AngularJS, Django, and Node
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Postgres & Redis development experience a plus
- Willingness to pair up with junior developers to mentor and share your experience
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage working on multiple projects in parallel
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced challenging environment
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary + company-wide bonus program based on collective success
- Stock options- Be a shareholder in the company
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits- Medical,Dental,Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- An exciting and positive work environment
- A Best Places to Work company
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.