(Austin, TX or remote in the US)
You're looking to tackle complex problems, drive change, and help build the next generation of machine learning tools for detecting malicious and inauthentic behavior online. You want to collaborate with others, creatively solve problems, make decisions with conviction, and connect with a team that nerds out about the internet. You thrive in an environment of continual improvement, and you aren’t afraid to try new things and make mistakes with others. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
Yonder is an information integrity company on a mission to bring authenticity to the Internet. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to help brands identify the groups that drive online conversations. Our technology unlocks the hidden map of the Internet.
We're looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer with 5 or more years of experience building web apps in a full stack capacity. The ideal candidate will also have experience working on data-intensive applications. This role will report to the CTO.
Many of us are based in Austin, TX, but we are a remote company and encourage candidates in other areas to apply. Interviews for this role will be conducted remotely over video during Covid-19, for the safety of our employees and candidates.
The problem we are solving is complex and requires diverse voices and perspectives. We are united by our passion for an authentic internet, but we are empowered by the differences in how we think, how we live, and what we’ve experienced. We strongly encourage candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply to this role, especially from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech.
What You’ll Do:
In this high impact role, you will:
- Be an integral part of the company by serving as a leader on the engineering team.
- Work across a broad section of the stack - everything from batch and streaming data pipelines, to APIs, to React and CSS.
- Help the team find solutions to customer problems, design maintainable data models and API endpoints, break down and estimate work, and manage expectations around delivery.
- Establish yourself as a mentor and coach in both technical and non-technical capacities.
What You Have:
- At least 5 years experience building web apps in a full stack capacity, including frontend, web backend/API design, background/cron jobs, security, deployment, monitoring, and scaling.
- Strong programming skills in a major web language (Python, Ruby, JS, Java, C#, Go, or similar).
- Strong SQL skills and an understanding of relational DB modeling
- Experience with JS frameworks like React, Angular, Vue, etc.
- Experience developing features in a SaaS application
- Experience working on data-intensive applications and comfort working with data pipelines.
- Proficiency with Docker
- Familiarity with building and maintaining JSON APIs
- Comfort tuning SQL on column-based and row-based systems
What You’ll Get:
- Purpose-driven work
- A team of dedicated and supportive colleagues
- Encouragement to bring your whole self to work
- Fully remote organization
- Market-leading salary and equity compensation
- Coverage under best in class, flexible medical, vision and dental plans
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to 4% of salary and immediate vesting
- Unlimited vacation that you’re encouraged to take
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly virtual social events