Sr Full-Stack Rails Developer at inKind
A Sr. Full-Stack Rails Developer at inKind is primarily responsible for developing, documenting, and deploying new features for the APIs used by our apps and 3rd party integrations, as well as the web front-end for our internal and client-facing portals.
A Sr. Full-Stack Rails Developer at inKind is first and foremost an expert problem solver with a love for code and a maker's mentality. Responsibilities include everything from planning out data models to optimizing complex reporting queries, integrating with numerous 3rd parties, and working with the product team to build intuitive GUIs for our internal/external portals, complete with data visualizations and charts. You stay up to date on new gems, frameworks, and tools to speed up development, while keeping a sharp eye out for potential vulnerabilities and edge cases that may result in unwanted behaviors. You'll work on modernizing the existing code base, making quick tweaks, and (once up to speed) train and mentor more junior developers. You would work closely with the CTO and Product Team at our office (Post-COVID), as well as our distributed team of developers. This is a senior-level position where you would play a key role in influencing architecture decisions.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- 4+ years w/ Ruby on Rails w/ a deep, complete understanding.
- Solid foundation of Object-Oriented programming paradigms, both in Ruby and other languages.
- Deep understanding of SQL, including joins, views, stored procs, recursive queries, functions, indexing, and performance optimization, both directly, and via ActiveRecord.
- Experience writing good tests, especially for complex flows.
- Experience designing & architecting full-stack solutions from scratch.
- Experience stepping into and working with large existing Rails projects.
- Experience building API integrations into existing complex systems.
- Experience working w/ Docker, Kubernetes, & AWS.
- Experience with both sides of API development (designing API endpoints for 3rd parties, and consuming 3rd party API endpoints in a variety of formats).
- Experience developing Oauth integrations.
- Experience updating gems, Ruby versions, and Rails versions without loss of functionality.
- Creative problem solver who keeps up on new gems, libraries, etc, and can effectively assess their staying power & any concerns (security, patching, required dependencies, etc).
- You're always looking for ways to work faster & more efficiently, while balancing competing concerns (tech debt, cost, security, complexity, etc).
- Excellent proactive communicator who can work effectively w/ others, both in-person (post-pandemic/vaccination) and remotely.
- You're not afraid to raise concerns, ask questions, and enjoy helping mentor others on the team.
- Keen eye for bugs, doing code-reviews.
- Keen eye for security issues & app hardening.
- Takes initiative in finding and fixing bugs before shipping.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot bugs, no matter where they show up (dev, test, staging, or production).
- Bonus Skills/Qualifications:
While not required, any/all of the following qualifications and skills would be a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- DevOps expertise w/ certifications in Kubernetes & AWS
- SMS integrations
- Mobile push notifications
- Python & Django
- React.js, & React Native
Who You Are:
- You are excited about restaurants and invested in their success
- You are data-driven: creative and broad-minded, unafraid to test multiple copy iterations and embrace the power of data and testing to make decisions that inform the creative process
- You are detail-oriented: in Hospitality, details matter, and this translates to everything we do.
- You are self-sufficient: you'll be working in constant contact with our entire team, but each of our members is expected to own their own projects. Manage your own tasks and ask for help when needed.
- You are a dreamer and an executor: we love innovative thinking and encourage team members to present thoughtful ideas (big and small). You'll also take the lead on testing your ideas and rolling out the successful ones, implementing new best practices.
- You are motivated: you will be part of a fast-growing company so you should be hungry to hit targets and be intrinsically motivated to increase revenue, no matter what part of the team you are on.
- You are a people person: having good relationships with your colleagues makes work more fun and makes the product better. You'll be part of a small but mighty team, so working comfortably together is essential.
- Medical/Dental coverage plan
- Flexible vacation and remote work policies
- Opportunity for equity in an early-stage startup
- Team building and cultural experiences (i.e. offsites, speaker/seminar series, chef-led classes)
- Career development training opportunities
- Office-catered lunches and snacks
- Pet-friendly office space
inKind is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We believe that diversity is vital to inKind's ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please reach out at [email protected]