Sr QA Engineer at Q2
Q2 is seeking an innovative and passionate QA Engineer to help build an industry-changing fintech platform. Founded in Austin, TX, we are a growing company committed to building stronger communities by strengthening their financial institutions. As a team member, you will be on the ground floor of a new product that is growing quickly after a successful proof of concept and beta.
This position is ideal for an experienced QA Engineer who has experience in both manual and automated testing and is passionate about testing complex products requiring high scalability and reliability. You will provide a strong quality-focused background to the team, working to develop and improve test effectiveness and efficiency.
- Plan and lead all testing activities including Test Plan and Joint Test Strategy
- Work with team to define test strategy and approach for automated and manual testing
- Analyze and monitor defect metrics within the release and among releases per product line, identify trends and recommend test effectiveness measures and quality conclusions.
- Constantly evaluate and refine QA processes/methodologies
- Create comprehensive test plans alongside development which provide outstanding code coverage and that can be traced to use cases/stories
- Design and build test automation that is resilient and robust
- Create test cases for features/functions; with detailed steps to perform and expected results
- Participate in and contribute test effort estimates in Sprint/Release planning sessions
- Be passionate about driving quality throughout the product lifecycle
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality, and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- 8+ years in quality assurance, test strategy, test planning, test execution
- Strong test plan organization and test execution planning skills in a CI and Agile environment
- Test best practices, automation, test plans, and testing methodology
- Comprehensive knowledge of QA automation processes, methodologies, and frameworks.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming or scripting languages
- Hands-on experience with testing tools such as QTest, Selenium
- Excellent technical communication skills, problem-solving aptitude, and out-of-the box thinking
- Experience working in small, highly efficient teams with a high degree of collaboration prowess
- Passionate about the work, proactive work ethic, and a highly motivated attitude to provide excellence in software quality
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and associated branching strategies
- Experience in the fintech industry
- Experience with SaaS is highly desired
- Experience in Azure and AWS also desired
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.