Sr. Skills Architect at Pluralsight (Remote)
The Skills Architect Consultant (SAC) possesses an enterprise-level understanding of the skills that are demanded by technology professionals across a variety of industries. In general, this translates to a working knowledge of skills needed to support functional disciplines such as software development, cyber-security, data science and analytics, and information technology. This individual is not required to be a deep subject matter expert in any one area but is able to keep current on trends across a broad range of technologies. This role will be 30% consultative and 70% implementation oriented, e.g. assisting the customer in deploying technology skills development initiatives.
The SAC acts as an expert consultant, assisting Pluralsight business customers to achieve their technology strategies and initiatives. This is accomplished by assessing individual learner, team and corporate level technology objectives and assisting the customer to implement programs and best practices that allow technology skills development to be effectively integrated into existing work streams. This includes providing expert guidance and recommendations that will assist the customer in optimizing the value they recognize from the Pluralsight platform. This role requires the ability to team effectively with sales, customer success and product teams to ensure a successful customer outcome.
You're committed to being a team member that:
- Sees the success of your team members and the company as part of your responsibility.
- Delivers solutions that are creative, forward-thinking and meaningful to the business.
- Can quickly see the most appropriate strategic solution given all the facts, present that solution in clear and positive manner to gain support from internal and external groups
- Approaches others in a genuine and honest way and always assume positive intent in others.
- Gets results through agreements and are fully committed to satisfying all agreements or communicating early and often if those agreements cannot be satisfied.
- Actively explores new ideas and pushes boundaries, being willing to re-look at anything any time with the belief that what we are currently doing may not be accessing what is possible
- Seeks to understand where others are coming from and without allowing his/her own context to get in the way.
What you'll own:
- Serving as an expert internally and externally on the resources available through the Pluralsight Technology Learning Platform.
- Regularly consulting with prospective and existing customers, reinforcing the value Pluralsight provides in building applicable technology skills across all skills levels and disciplines.
- Conducting discovery sessions with our customers to understand business objectives and create a clear path to success through the effective delivery of Services.
- Providing specific, in-depth course & strategic recommendations, as requested by Pluralsight customers.
- Functioning as the escalation point and primary liaison between sales, customer success and product leadership. This includes being the first resource to the sales team in answering questions related to service delivery within an account.
- Defining and reporting on key performance indicators, e.g. customer facing utilization, project hours, performance to SLAs, customer engagement effectiveness, etc.
- Regularly engage with and support Pluralsight sales and success teams, via meetings, coaching / mentoring sessions, and ongoing strategic guidance.
- Identifying training opportunities, product enhancements, and sales collateral that is beneficial to Pluralsight corporate sales goals, and assist in various capacities to produce / implement those new programs, features, and assets.
- Serving as an input to product marketing to produce and maintain tools and other deliverables to support customer service needs (FAQs, competitive comparisons, etc.).
- Work with product leadership to influence strategic decisions such as author onboarding, course development, and library roadmap.
- Serve as a consultant and key contributor to tools & resources that help improve internal team's working knowledge of Pluralsight learning content.
- Work with your team to build scalable solutions and enhance existing services.
Experience you'll need:
- 7+ years' experience providing enterprise level consulting in a SaaS environment
- 5+ years' experience providing technical account leadership (or similar technical leadership) e.g. Technical Account Manager, Implementation or Technical Onboarding Consultant, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with executive level presentations, enterprise sales and/or professional speaking engagements.
- Experience in presenting and communicating technology concepts to executives at a strategic level.
- Excellent business acumen with ability to translate complex technical subjects or features into value-based, strategic conversations.
- Experience with the processes of technical needs assessments, software system analysis, requirements gathering.
- Ability to quickly understand true root causes of customer content requests and deliver consultative, executive-level recommendations.
- Self-starter who is able to effectively time manage, prioritize, produce with autonomy, and provide visibility to key initiatives.
- Strong operational aptitude balanced by a highly-effective interpersonal skill set.