At Bright Health, we firmly believe that software development should be as frictionless as possible to enable developers to iterate quickly and build the best products possible for our customers. The Developer Experience team at Bright Health is laser focused on accelerating our engineering organization. If you’re passionate about building services and tooling geared towards making software developers go faster while improving healthcare in the US, you’ll fit right in!
- Build smooth and efficient processes via automation or internal tooling to empower developers as they ship code through the software development lifecycle
- Work with our primary stakeholders, Bright Health software engineers, to craft solutions to remove friction in shipping code
- Evangelize built solutions so that developers are aware of the improvements they can use in their own workflows, either via written documentation or live demonstrations
- Scour the rest of the software development landscape to bring best practices and proven tools/technologies to our own organization
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering and/or 5+ years equivalent professional work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience in C#/.NET
- Experience in building end to end solutions in a public cloud, especially in Azure
- Experience in containerization and container orchestration, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in building continuous integration and deployment pipelines to ship code
- Experience in progressive delivery methodologies such as canarying, blue-green, A/B, etc.
- Experience in automated testing methodologies that allows for developers to ship high quality software
- Experience in highly observable production environments to allow developers to quickly diagnose and resolve issues that arise
- Experience in software engineering, specifically internal tooling including but not limited to: integrations with GitHub/Slack/JIRA, CLIs to automate common tasks, etc.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description