Sr. Software Engineer - DocSquad Virtual Visits at Bright Health
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing API endpoints, services, and data models for multiple Rails applications
- Work closely with architects and product owners as they create conceptual designs and technical specifications for client-side application work
- Implement the functionality as designed, including automated tests
- Participate in project technical design meetings as needed and collaborate on feature implementation requirements with architects and product owners
- Collaborate with quality engineers to create and deliver test plans including automated and manual test plans to meet quality objectives
- Perform code reviews of other engineers’ code and mentor other engineering colleagues in best practices for general software development, Rails development, and new technologies
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years experience working on MVC-based web applications, demonstrating increasing skill in tackling technical challenges
- Desire (and proven ability) to pick up new frameworks and concepts
- Experience working on and designing APIs for web applications
- Experience working with an RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and strong familiarity with relational database concepts
- Strong understanding of our core technologies and frameworks, including Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, and Capybara
- Experience with any of the following appreciated but not required: Front-end JS frameworks, web security, WebSockets for real-time messaging, AI / ML concepts and using ML models in production applications
- Strong understanding of, and willingness to mentor others in, software development practices and concepts such as object-oriented programming, web application technologies, web application security, and testing best practices.
- Understanding of the analysis of programs such as space and time complexity.
- Capable of communicating technical concepts and ideas to other engineers and to non-engineering members of the team.
- Able to discuss application features & use cases with end users and customer contacts.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment and work on a wide variety of tasks and projects
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character with high moral and ethical behavior