Sr. Software Engineer – Overwatch Labs at CrowdStrike
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
We're building the next-generation infrastructure and security platform for CrowdStrike. The OverWatch Labs (OWL) team builds the platform and tools for our analysts on the OverWatch team to process and hunt (identify potentially harmful activity) through well over 100 billion events a day, and growing.
OverWatch continuously hunts for potential threatening behaviors, patterns, and activities across all our customers environments to find adversary activities that may be occurring without their knowledge.
We are looking for an engineer who wants to help move the OWL platform forward as we scale even further. Someone with a broad range of computer skills throughout the software stack and clear communication skills would thrive in this environment. You should love working on large-scale, distributed, cloud-based, highly available systems that can efficiently operate over hundreds of billions events a day.
- Lead projects to build new components and extend the current system, where you would need to gather requirements, plan, code, test, and deploy to completion.
- Help the OverWatch team become more effective in their analysis and hunting by improving the platform and tools.
- Work closely with cloud architects to evolve our systems for future growth and platform development.
- Bring research projects into production environments and integrate them with the OWL systems.
- Work in a devops environment where you (and your team) are responsible for the systems you deploy.
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Have a desire for quality and understand what tools and processes you need to reach that level and help the team reach a higher bar.
- Be an adaptable and flexible engineer who is constantly learning and enjoys tackling complex and novel challenges.
- Work as part of a distributed team of remote workers across timezones.
- Use and give back to the open source community.
- Go (Golang)
What You'll Need
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience).
- Experience with Python, and a compiled language such as Golanga bonus.
- Built web-services with data processing pipelines and the concepts required.
- Experience with relational and noSQL databases (Redis, Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearcha plus).
- Understanding of messaging or queueing software, Kafkaexperience highly desirable.
- Linuxskills and experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments.
- Understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges, particularly in Cloud environments such as AWS.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- Authored and lead successful open source libraries and projects.
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Existing exposure to Go, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch...
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
Bring your experience in distributed technologies and algorithms, your great API and systems design sensibilities, and your passion for writing code that performs at extreme scale. You will help build a platform that scales to millions of events per second and Terabytes of data per day. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you’ve come to the right place.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.